NORTH MANHEIM TWP., Pa. - There was a shocking discovery in Schuylkill County, as Pennsylvania State Police say they found three young siblings home alone and one was locked inside a cage.
According to police, they went to the home of Cecil Kutz, 37, in the 300 block of Chestnut Street in North Manheim Township, along with a representative of Schuylkill County Children and Youth Services to check on the welfare of the three children, after receiving a tip call.
Troopers knocked on the door and did not get a response, so they went inside. According to police, the children were found just inside of the front door.
Police say a 22-month-old boy was locked inside of a homemade cage that was made out of plywood and lattice, and it had a door on it that was locked from the outside. A one-year-old boy boy was in a play pen and a one-day-old girl was found in a baby seat on the floor, police said.
EMS transported the baby girl to the hospital for evaluation.
All of the children were taken into custody by the Pennsylvania State Police and then transferred to Schuylkill County CYS.
The father, Kutz, returned to his home and was arrested by police.
He was charged with three counts of endangering the welfare of children and three counts of recklessly endangering another person.
Kutz was arraigned and his bail was set at $250,000 straight bail, which he was unable to post. He was taken to the Schuylkill County Prison.
Police say the children's mother is hospitalized with complications from the youngest child's birth. Police say she gave birth to the child in a garage-like attached shed.
Pennsylvania State Police will hold a press conference at 1 p.m. Thursday. 69 News will have a crew at the event and will bring you the latest details as they become available.
The man accused of injuring his daughter's boyfriend Oct. 15 at a motel in Schuylkill County is now in custody.Read More »
- Convicted robber Eddie Quick sentenced for up to 52 years
- FBI nabs 2 women suspected of trying to rob bank dressed as nuns
- 2nd driver pleads in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- State System, APSCUF reach tentative deal on new contract
- Man charged with aggravated assault near Mount Airy Casino
- Police: Man shot daughter's boyfriend in groin at motel
- Berks part of US crackdown on underage sex trafficking
- Sandusky appeals judge's decision to deny new trial
- Arrest made in fatal July 4th shooting of Allentown teen
- Pa. lawmakers on spotted lanternfly: 'We have an epidemic'
- Updated ACLU stresses importance of transparent body camera policy
- Updated Hearst agrees to purchase Rodale in Emmaus
- Updated Victim found after 'shots fired' call in south Reading
- Updated Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey talks taxes with President Trump
- Updated Police: Fleeing DUI driver narrowly missed pedestrians
- Some say Lehigh Valley job market proves hopeful for unemployed