STROUD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Authorities in Monroe County say two fugitives were high on meth and heroin when they led police on a wild chase through a private community.
Authorities say 24-year-old Robert Connors and 19-year-old Anyssa Kravchenko fled when police tried to break up a drug deal in Stroud Township, Friday.
Both were eventually caught but not before police say Connors smashed his car through the back gate of Penn Estates, drove around in circles, and crashed into the woods.
Police say the suspects admitted to being on a three-day "bender" of meth and heroin use.
Authorities say Connors had been on the run from police for six months on charges related to a kidnapping and robbery in Monroe County.
Kravchenko was wanted for a violation in Warren County, New Jersey.
The Christmas season is officially underway in Harrisburg.Read More »
- State police investigating stolen hunting rifle
- Holiday fundraiser grants 9 families the Christmas of their dreams
- One local area is said to have 'worst commute in the country'
- Police in Monroe County investigating fatal bike crash
- Police: Earlier wreck caused fatal turnpike crash
- Pennsylvania Turnpike re-opens in Carbon County
- Updated Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman
- PHOTOS: 69 News viewer photos of the first snowfall of the season
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- History's Headlines: The Youngest Allen
- Free adoption weekend in Berks County
- 69 News spreads a little Christmas cheer
- Breaking down the Bitcoin buzz
- Allentown police investigate dog killing
- Coroner: Body of Audrey Penn too decomposed to find cause of death
- One person seriously injured after car strikes deer