RUSH TWP., Pa. - A Schuylkill County bank was robbed Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say the Mauch Chunk Trust Company in the 200 block of Claremont Avenue in Rush Township was robbed around 2 p.m.
Rush Township Police say a male wearing pantyhose over his face, white sunglasses and Philadelphia Phillies baseball cap entered the bank and made off with an unbeknown amount of money.
As of early Wednesday afternoon, police report there have been no arrests
The man fled the scene in a Ford Explorer Sport Trac four-door pickup truck.
A witness at the scene told police the truck's license plate was HCS-9343, which came up in the system as a stolen vehicle.
Soon after the robbery, the truck was involved in a hit-and-run accident with another vehicle on South Poplar Street in Hazleton.
Police say $164 in dyed cash was recovered from that hit-and-run accident.
Police confirm a vehicle matching the same description fled the scene of an attempted robbery at the First National Community Bank on West Broad Street in Hazleton, about 45 minutes before the robbery at Mauch Chunk Trust Bank.
In the Hazleton incident, the male tried to open the door to the bank but was thwarted by the security system and could not get through the locked door in the foyer of the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call Rush Township Police at 570-668-4242 or 911.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts