MOUNT POCONO, Pa. - Authorities in Monroe County are investigating a fatal pedestrian crash.
The Pocono Mountain Regional Police Department reports John Janosevic was killed in a crash late Wednesday night along Route 196.
Authorities were called to investigate a pedestrian crash just before 11 p.m. When officers arrived, they found that Janosevic had died at the scene.
Investigators said the 67-year-old Coolbaugh Township man was walking near the middle of the northbound lane of Route 196 and wearing dark clothing, which may have contributed to the crash.
Pocono Mountain Regional Police are reconstructing the crash and investigating the incident. Anyone with information is asked to contact the police department at 570-895-2400.
Police say driver of Ford Explorer crossed over the center line.Read More »
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Route 611 closed after vehicle runs into pole
- 2 males break window to enter elementary school
- Pa. Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Project Lifesaver assists police in finding the lost
- Bethlehem Township updating ordinances
- Hockey players on a mission of hope
- New Congressional districts present challenges
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Mental health professionals say open communication is key
- Penn State Berks tops among campuses in 2018 THON fundraiser
- Police prepping drivers for roundabout at Routes 222, 662