MT. POCONO, Pa. - A man accidentally shot himself in a leg outside a Walmart store in Monroe County on Wednesday, according to police.
Pocono Mountain Regional police and Pocono Mountain Regional EMS were dispatched to the Walmart in Mt. Pocono after they were advised the 911 caller was a man located in his vehicle parked in the parking lot.
Officers arrived on scene, secured the weapon and applied a tourniquet to the man's leg. He was transported to a local hospital.
Police said they're considering the incident as accidental. No criminal charges are pending.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Period of light snow Friday; highest totals south, east
- Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- New 3rd snowfall in a week coats Berks, slows PM commute
- Updated Health Beat: Meniscus: Repair or replace?
- New Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement