MT. POCONO, Pa. - A man accidentally shot himself in a leg outside a Walmart store in Monroe County on Wednesday, according to police.
Pocono Mountain Regional police and Pocono Mountain Regional EMS were dispatched to the Walmart in Mt. Pocono after they were advised the 911 caller was a man located in his vehicle parked in the parking lot.
Officers arrived on scene, secured the weapon and applied a tourniquet to the man's leg. He was transported to a local hospital.
Police said they're considering the incident as accidental. No criminal charges are pending.
The Panther Valley School District conducted regularly planned Red Alert lockdown drills Monday morning at all three of its buildings.Read More »
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Panther Valley High School on lockdown
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Coroner called to crash in West Penn Township
- 66-year-old stabbed by juvenile, ruled a homicide
- Complex storm system brings snow, sleet and rain on Tuesday, then snow on Wednesday
- Supreme Court keeps revised Pa. congressional map in place
- Yu and Esterly's 2-week run comes to consequential end
- Updated Pennridge students use punishment to propel new movement
- Updated Catasauqua police officer chosen as A-Treat Hero
- New Jury seated for trial of parents charged in daughter's death
- Easton senior wants rally to support Second Amendment rights
- Commissioner says sale of Lower Mac. property was far from fair
- Positive Parenting: Kindergarten - Does age matter?
- Updated Health Beat: Adult onset asthma: A treatable mystery