MT. POCONO, Pa. - A man accidentally shot himself in a leg outside a Walmart store in Monroe County on Wednesday, according to police.
Pocono Mountain Regional police and Pocono Mountain Regional EMS were dispatched to the Walmart in Mt. Pocono after they were advised the 911 caller was a man located in his vehicle parked in the parking lot.
Officers arrived on scene, secured the weapon and applied a tourniquet to the man's leg. He was transported to a local hospital.
Police said they're considering the incident as accidental. No criminal charges are pending.
The Poconos bring in 26 million tourists each year who spend more than $3 billion in the four-county area, but one county may be cut out of the Poconos marketing campaign if a deal isn't reached.Read More »
- Tower City man killed in one-vehicle wreck, police say
- State police searching for missing Luzerne County man
- Fire destroys home in Ross Township
- Yuengling Brewery donates $50K to support hurricane relief
- ESU and Milton Hershey School announce partnership
- Police: Man accidentally shoots self in leg outside Walmart
- Updated St. Luke's, Sacred Heart announce merger
- Updated Wolf says time running out on budget deal before downgrade
- Updated A shower possible Tuesday, otherwise dry through the weekend
- Updated Flyers set to open hockey season at the PPL Center
- Updated Toys 'R' Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Police charge 25-year-old in playground fight with teen
- Life Lessons: Maximize efficiency, minimize exhaustion
- 10-year-old student looks to collect supplies to help Florida schools
- Bethlehem Twp. approves St. Luke's Anderson $100 million addition
- Emmaus Council passes laws aimed at resolving blight issues