PORTER TWP., Pa. - Officers responded to a domestic altercation Thursday afternoon in Schuylkill County when a male subject exited the residence with a compound bow and arrow, rising it at a Pennsylvania State Trooper.
The Trooper immediately fired his weapon and sought cover, according to the police report.
A female exited the residence in the 100 block of North Yohe Street bleeding from her head.
The 42-year-old male returned to the residence, but exited again and pulled back on his bow raising it toward the Trooper. The Trooper fired at the male subject and struck him in the leg.
Officials secured the subject and his weapon and the Trooper provided first aid until EMS arrived.
The male subject was transported to Hershey Medical Center.
The incident is under investigation.
Police found a couple stabbed to death in their home in Monroe County. Now one of the victim's nephew is behind bars facing homicide charges.Read More »
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Updated Messy morning commute with steady snow early, gradually tapering
- Updated Steve Mittman's Traffic Report
- Updated Clayton Stiver's Morning Forecast
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Allentown
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Cumru Twp
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Northampton Borough
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs