STROUD TWP., Pa. - One person was stabbed Tuesday evening at the Stroud Mall in Monroe County.
Police are actively seeking the suspect they describe as being a Hispanic male, very slim, five feet nine inches tall, between the ages of 18 and 20 with a very thin beard and multiple tattoos, including on his neck.
According to Caitlin Huffine, a Subway employee in the food court, a fight started in the food court and then continued outside around 6 p.m.
"People started coming in to Subway asking for wet towels and cloths [saying] that someone got stabbed outside so then we're rushing out there to try to help him," Huffine said.
Police say the suspect may have fled in a late model red Mustang.
The victim, a male between the ages of 18 and 20, suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen area.
He was transported to Pocono Medical Center.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities