STROUD TWP., Pa. - One person was stabbed Tuesday evening at the Stroud Mall in Monroe County.
Police are actively seeking the suspect they describe as being a Hispanic male, very slim, five feet nine inches tall, between the ages of 18 and 20 with a very thin beard and multiple tattoos, including on his neck.
According to Caitlin Huffine, a Subway employee in the food court, a fight started in the food court and then continued outside around 6 p.m.
"People started coming in to Subway asking for wet towels and cloths [saying] that someone got stabbed outside so then we're rushing out there to try to help him," Huffine said.
Police say the suspect may have fled in a late model red Mustang.
The victim, a male between the ages of 18 and 20, suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen area.
He was transported to Pocono Medical Center.
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery