MAHONING TWP., Pa. - Two thieves were caught copper-in-hand inside the garage of a fire-damaged home.
Mahoning Township police arrested two men at around 3 p.m. Sunday at an Oak Grove Drive home.
Robert Ruzicka of Palmerton and John Ruzicka of Mahoning Township now face burglary, trespassing and theft charges.
Neighbors saw the two men in the garage of the home.
The elderly homeowner had not moved back in after a February fire at the house.
Police say they the two Ruzickas were holding copper when they arrived.
John's vehicle was found parked down the street with the hood propped up.
He has a criminal record, having been arrested in April on theft and drug charges. He waived a preliminary hearing for those charges earlier this month.
Both Ruzickas were arraigned for Sunday's crimes and remanded to Carbon County Prison after not posting $25,000 bail with a ten percent option.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather