TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - Police say a woman who slammed her car in to a utility pole in Carbon County fell asleep behind the wheel.
Nancy Green, 71, of Gilbert, was flown to the hospital Sunday after losing control of her vehicle and hitting a utility pole on Route 209 in Towamensing Township.
Police say Green suffered a knee injury and a couple of cracked ribs.
She will be issued a careless driving citations and a "roadways laned for traffic" citation.
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Sentencing begins for congressional aide convicted of sexual assault
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain today; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago