POTTSVILLE, Pa. - A Schuylkill County boy is fighting for his life following a bizarre accident involving a boulder.
Michael Allen's family said he was playing near the bottom of a hill off Mount Hope Road, near his home, Thursday evening when a boulder from above somehow got loose and rolled right into him.
Michael was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where he has undergone several surgeries. He is in a medically induced coma.
Michael's grandfather told 69 News it's just too raw, too emotional to talk about what happened.
The principal of Michael's school, John S. Clark Elementary, said he wishes Michael nothing but the best.
"Very quiet, very quiet, almost bashful. Polite. He's not one to yell and scream. Just a real nice little boy," said Pat Kelly, a lunch aide at the school.
Michael's grandfather said he was set to start his first season of little league. The family is now hoping for a medical home run that sends Michael back home soon.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day