WAYNE TWP., Pa. - Authorities said a 26-year-old Pottsville man was killed in a two-vehicle crash early Thursday morning in Schuylkill County.
Pennsylvania State Police said William Long, of Cressona Road, was killed on Route 443 about a quarter mile west of Moyers Station Road. State police with the Schuylkill Haven barracks said the crash happened about 6 a.m.
Police said Long's 2002 Saturn SL was driving west on Route 443, when his vehicle crossed over the center line and collided with an eastbound Nissan Rogue driven by 60-year-old Donna Yeager, of Pine Grove.
Long's Saturn continued west until it hit a cement slab, finally stopping on the shoulder along the west side of Route 443. Police said Long was not wearing a seatbelt.
The Rogue continue east, where it overturned and came to a stop on its roof facing south along the east side of the road.
Long died at the scene, and Yeager was flown to Geisinger Hospital for moderate injuries.
Police found a couple stabbed to death in their home in Monroe County. Now one of the victim's nephew is behind bars facing homicide charges.Read More »
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Updated Messy morning commute with steady snow early, gradually tapering
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Regional Road Conditions
- Updated Clayton Stiver's Morning Forecast
- Updated Steve Mittman's Traffic Report
- Updated PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs
- Road crews out getting the job done
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick