WAYNE TWP., Pa. - Authorities said a 26-year-old Pottsville man was killed in a two-vehicle crash early Thursday morning in Schuylkill County.
Pennsylvania State Police said William Long, of Cressona Road, was killed on Route 443 about a quarter mile west of Moyers Station Road. State police with the Schuylkill Haven barracks said the crash happened about 6 a.m.
Police said Long's 2002 Saturn SL was driving west on Route 443, when his vehicle crossed over the center line and collided with an eastbound Nissan Rogue driven by 60-year-old Donna Yeager, of Pine Grove.
Long's Saturn continued west until it hit a cement slab, finally stopping on the shoulder along the west side of Route 443. Police said Long was not wearing a seatbelt.
The Rogue continue east, where it overturned and came to a stop on its roof facing south along the east side of the road.
Long died at the scene, and Yeager was flown to Geisinger Hospital for moderate injuries.
Officials say Daniel Palmitessa, of Columbia, New Jersey, sexually assaulted two female juveniles when he lived in his prior residence in Stroudsburg.Read More »
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Monroe County DUI crash
- Lehigh Gap Nature Center conducts controlled burning on Blue Mountain
- Reading woman wins man's heart...and his kidney
- Updated Time to spring clean your digital life
- Car lands on roof on Skyline Drive in Lower Alsace
- Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- Updated Leesport bridge replacement delay frustrates residents
- Updated Shoppers sad to say bye-bye to Bon-Ton
- Crime Alert celebrates 20th anniversary by honoring Barbeys
- Witness testifies Constand lied about sexual assault with Cosby
- Police: More tires slashed on parked cars in Mt. Penn
- Health Beat: Vyzulta: New drug treats glaucoma