TILDEN TWP, Pa. - Police say a fugitive who fled custody Friday afternoon, has been caught.
Authorities say Jessie Wolfe, 30, was captured overnight in a field off river road in Tilden Township, Berks County.
Around 3:45 p.m. Friday, Wolfe managed to free himself from custody while being transferred from the Schuylkill County Courthouse back to prison.
According to authorities, he stole a 2000 Oldsmobile van to escape in.
Wolfe then fled into Berks County.
Authorities searched for almost 10 hours, setting up a perimeter near Pleasant View Trailer Park between River Road and Five Locks Road. They were using K-9s to help search the thick brush.
Wolfe has waived extradition and was transported back to Schuylkill County Prison.
Stay with 69 News and wfmz.com as this story progresses.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather