TILDEN TWP, Pa. - Police say a fugitive who fled custody Friday afternoon, has been caught.
Authorities say Jessie Wolfe, 30, was captured overnight in a field off river road in Tilden Township, Berks County.
Around 3:45 p.m. Friday, Wolfe managed to free himself from custody while being transferred from the Schuylkill County Courthouse back to prison.
According to authorities, he stole a 2000 Oldsmobile van to escape in.
Wolfe then fled into Berks County.
Authorities searched for almost 10 hours, setting up a perimeter near Pleasant View Trailer Park between River Road and Five Locks Road. They were using K-9s to help search the thick brush.
Wolfe has waived extradition and was transported back to Schuylkill County Prison.
Stay with 69 News and wfmz.com as this story progresses.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day