HAZLETON, Pa. - A central states health plan announced it has mistakenly disclosed certain protected health information of employees of a packaging company.
TeamCare says it became the group health plan for certain employees working at the Bemis facility in Hazleton. During the transition, Bemis provided TeamCare with an employee address file so that it could send new member enrollment forms. The mailings were sent in November.
A week later, TeamCare heard Bemis employees were receiving new member packets containing information about a different employee of Bemis. It was determined the file provided by Bemis contained mismatches of employees names and addresses. TeamCare says the enrollment forms contained the member's name, birthdate and social security number.
The companies made immediate efforts to retrieve the new welcome packets and sent notices to all affected Bemis employees.
Bemis has since provided a corrected address list, TeamCare says.
Although there is no indication anyone misused health information, TeamCare is watching for suspicious claims related to any member of the Bemis group. Bemis has also offered credit monitoring services to the affected employees.
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Updated Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Updated Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting
- Sarah McNary talks personal color analysis