RYAN TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Schuylkill County lawyer Gary Marchalk was killed by his son and a warrant has been issued for his arrest, according to a state police press release issued Tuesday evening.
State police say Michael David Marchalk, 37, of Barnesville, PA was last seen driving his parent’s 2015 Gold Ford Fusion with the license plate number of JWD1566.
Anyone with information about Marchalk's whereabouts is urged to call the Frackville barracks at 570-874-5300.
State police say Marchalk is charged with criminal homicide, murder of the first degree, murder of the second degree, murder of the third degree, voluntary manslaughter, aggravated assault, robbery, theft, theft of a motor vehicle, access device fraud, and recklessly endangering another person.
Gary Marchalk, 60, was found dead in his Ryan Township home at 21 Pear Street Monday around noon.
Marchalk was the estranged husband of Schuylkill County Treasurer Linda Marchalk, who investigators say was not living in the home.
Police have not said how Marchalk was killed. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Updated Expect thickening clouds with rain arriving later
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Updated 69 News crew enjoys Reading Holiday Parade
- Colebrookdale reveals reason for firing its police chief
- Students get first-hand accounts of the horrors of heroin
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem
- Bangor and Pen Argyl football alumni face off again for charity