The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) on Thursday approved a rate increase for Manwalamink Water Company in Monroe County.
The commission voted 5-0 to approve the rate increase request of 16 percent a year. The bill for an average water customer using 41,208 gallons a year would increase from $259.44 to $300.84, or by $41.40 (15.96 percent) a year.
Manwalamink provides service to approximately 1,220 customers in portions of Middle Smithfield and Smithfield townships, Monroe County.
More information on the rate-making process is available on the commission's website.
Convicted cop-killer Eric Frein has learned his fate.Read More »
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Closing arguments end in penalty phase of police ambush killer
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Car crashes into pole along S. 4th St. in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Meet Jim Kane, space race computer programmer