GILBERTON, Pa. - A Schuylkill County borough is addressing an uproar over its police chief.
Gilberton Borough has rescheduled a borough council meeting set for Thursday night because police chief Mark Kessler is on vacation.
The meeting will be held next Wednesday.
Kessler has gained notoriety for profanity-laced, gunfire-riddled YouTube videos in which he criticizes the government.
While some Gilberton residents have expressed concern about the videos Mayor Mary Lou Hannon says she supports Kessler's continued employment.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- PHOTOS: Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting