69 NEWS has learned the identity of the woman whose body was found off the side of the road in Carbon County on Saturday.
State police say firefighters were called out for a reported brush fire, but down the steep embankment they discovered human remains off Flagstaff Road in Jim Thorpe.
family member told 69News the victim is 35-year-old Angela Steigerwalt of Tamaqua.
Don Serfass -- the victim's uncle -- told 69 News the family was notified by police.
He said his niece was a "ray of sunshine who lit up a room."
State police haven't officially released the name of the victim but they are investigating her death as a homicide.
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- BASD seeks several grants
- Berks man arrested in local check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned In legal battle