MAHONING TWP., Pa. - Repairs began Wednesday on Route 209 in Carbon County after a rock slide.
Boulders and rocks came tumbling down from the mountain Sept. 8 in Mahoning Township.
PennDOT engineers say the road will be closed in both directions during the cleanup Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A contractor is removing the fallen rocks and installing a mesh netting to prevent rocks from falling in the future.
Work should be finished by the end of the month.
Six suspects have been identified in the attack, but only three have been arrested and charged so far.Read More »
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Route 611 closed after vehicle runs into pole
- 2 males break window to enter elementary school
- Pa. Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Updated 3 arrested in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- 'We're not joking around here, Ed' and other tidbits heard in pay-to-play trial
- Updated Philadelphia's Coldilocks, oldest polar bear in US, dies
- Updated Months-long bridge project closes Blacksmith Road in Amity
- Updated National student walkout planned for March 14 to protest gun violence
- Updated Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge recalls heart attack scare
- Pa. court's new congressional map has big impact on Berks
- Truck hauling human waste goes off road near Boyertown
- Trump tells Pa. GOP to challenge new congressional map
- Styx, Joan Jett to headline Musikfest opening night