PORTER TWP., Pa. - A portion of Route 125 in Schuylkill County remains closed while investigators try to figure out why it collapsed.
It has now been two weeks since part of the road gave way.
The crater in Porter Township is about 25 feet deep and 25 feet wide and has been filling up with water.
Officials from PennDOT along with state mining inspectors have been to the site, but the cause of the collapse isn't clear.
The road is closed until further notice.
Last month, a similar collapse happened at this location and it was filled and paved.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- High winds expected throughout the day
- Domestic assault suspect arrested after intense standoff
- Updated State Police identify suspect in deadly officer shooting
- Upper Macungie Township Police announce seat belt enforcement
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Lehigh defeats Lafayette, wins Patriot League title
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches