HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - Route 33 South is closed between the Bartonsville and Snydersville exits.
Pennsylvania State Police Stroudsburg is investigating a commercial motor vehicle crash that occurred shortly after 2 p.m. Monday just south of Interstate 80 in Hamilton Township.
Officials say they expect Route 33 South to be closed for several more hours.
Motorists are asked to consider alternate routes if possible as Interstate 80, SR-11 and SR-209 are experiencing congestion.
A detour is in place to get on Route 33 South: I-80 east to exit 305; left to get back on I-80 west; take exit 304 to SR-209 south; 209 south to SR-33 south.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Light snow early this morning but clearing skies later in the day
- Updated Early-morning fire drives Reading family from their home
- Family of Jamie Metzger never gave up hope they'd find her
- Schwenksville comes together to support Luken family
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Lehigh County nursing homes to reap benefits from federal program
- Lower Nazareth hears request for usage changes for warehouse property
- No tax increase for Easton in 2018
- Man hospitalized after shooting in Reading
- Easton council gets earful on reducing penalties for marijuana