SWIFTWATER, Pa. - The peak of flu season is still months away, but a Monroe County vaccine maker is ready.
Sanofi Pasteur announced Monday the first lots of its influenza vaccine, Fluzone, have been released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for distribution.
Officials say at least 65 million doses of the vaccine will be delivered to health care providers and pharmacies across the country in August.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends annual influenza vaccination for everyone six months of age and older, with rare exceptions.
A judge has rejected a request for an emergency competency hearing after a survivalist convicted of ambushing two Pennsylvania State Police troopers refused to communicate with his lawyers.Read More »
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Dorney sworn in as new Allentown police chief
- Updated Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Northampton man accused of choking girlfriend unconscious
- Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends