HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A Saylorsburg man will be charged, after police say they caught him driving under the influence with his child in the car.
It happened Thursday along Lake Road at the intersection with Business Route 209 in Hamilton Township, Monroe County.
State police say they stopped the vehicle and determined the 21-year-old driver was under the influence. Troopers then arrested him and took him to the Monroe County Correctional Facility.
The child was released to the mother.
Police say charges against the man will be filed pending blood test results. He faces charges of DUI and endangering the welfare of a child.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Updated Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- Updated 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Updated After light snow this morning, clearing skies later in the day
- Updated Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Updated Abduction, robbery reported at Kutztown University
- Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis
- Life Lessons: Fearless female entrepreneurs