GIRARDVILLE, Pa. - A man was arrested in Schuylkill County Friday after striking a woman with a rifle barrel, state police said.
Michael Twigg, 55, was charged with aggravated assault and other charges after the incident in West Main St. in Girardville.
During a domestic dispute, Twigg retrieved a rifle, pointed it at the victim's face and threatened her.
Twigg then struck the victim with above the right eye with the rifle's barrel, causing a laceration, police said.
The victim escaped the residence and called police. Police took Twigg into custody without incident.
He was arraigned by Magisterial District Justice David Plachko and unable to post bail.
He was taken to Schuylkill County Prison.
Justin Kraeber, 25, is facing several charges and is being held in Monroe County Prison unable to post bail.Read More »
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Route 611 in Mount Pocono
- Two men arrested before drug sale in East Stroudsburg
- Berks-based uniform company to close plant near Frackville
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- Father of fugitive Shawn Christy makes plea to son
- Police search for missing Schuylkill County girl
- Updated Pedestrian killed after hit by car on Route 61 near Cabela's
- Updated LCTI on lockdown after potential weapon reported
- Updated Bomb squad called to Whitehall home after 'unspecified device' found
- Updated Positive Parenting: Building your kid's vocabulary
- Updated East Stroudsburg man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old
- Dad of suspect in 2016 Perkasie killing charged with evidence tampering
- Fire tears through McDonald's in Doylestown
- Judge puts limit on accusers at Cosby sentencing
- Pennsylvania jobless rate hits 18-year low
- N.J. man allegedly steals car and love made him do it