A Schuylkill County clerk is calling on the nation's highest court to suspend the ruling that legalized gay marriage in Pennsylvania.
Monday Orphans Court Clerk Theresa Santai-Gaffney filed a request for a stay with the U.S. Supreme Court.
Same-sex marriage was legalized in Pennsylvania back in May when a U.S. district judge overturned the ban, but Santai-Gaffney wants the state to stop issuing same-sex marriage licenses while she appeals the ruling.
The Middle Dam in East Stroudsburg needs an additional $1.8 million in repairs to meet state standards.Read More »
- NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Updated Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun