POTTSVILLE, Pa. - The old Schuylkill Trust building in Pottsville has been sold to the highest bidder, and it was a steal.
Bids started at $999, and the building ultimately sold for $90,000.
The winner is the Hassen Group of New York, an investment firm.
The new deed will be approved in 20 to 45 days.
The building was auctioned off in a judicial sale, so that means the property was sold free and clear of any liens.
The building has been in decline for years.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River