POTTSVILLE, Pa. - The old Schuylkill Trust building in Pottsville has been sold to the highest bidder, and it was a steal.
Bids started at $999, and the building ultimately sold for $90,000.
The winner is the Hassen Group of New York, an investment firm.
The new deed will be approved in 20 to 45 days.
The building was auctioned off in a judicial sale, so that means the property was sold free and clear of any liens.
The building has been in decline for years.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey