Are they teens guilty of reckless driving, or a rash of armed robberies? Schuylkill Co. police have two men in custody who they hope will help answer a lot of questions.
Jose Nunez and Tysheed Hargrove, both 18-years-old, were arrested Sunday night after the two led officers on a high speed chase, police said. A stolen handgun was also found inside the car.
But could those charges be the tip of the criminal iceberg?
The question both Schuylkill and Carbon County cops have is whether Nunez of Hazelton, Luzerne County, and Hargrove, address unknown, are gun-toting armed robbers.
It's a question Kathy Nicholls has too.
"We're significantly affected by these robberies. Our cashiers and customers are all scared," she said.
Nicholls showed us security video of the Saturday night robbery of her Tamaqua, Schuylkill Co., convenience store. Clearly visible is a man wearing a blue bandana, black hoodie and green jacket who walks in, pulls a gun and demands money from the unsuspecting store clerk.
"We are just really nervous they are going to keep coming back," Nicholls went on to say.
Nicholls says on January 20 the same store was robbed. In that video you can see a similar style outfit and actions from the suspect but instead of a green jacket and blue bandana it's a black jacket and white bandana.
Over the past several weeks Carbon Co. and Schuylkill Co. police say there have been seven similar style holdups, including a third store owned by Nicholls.
In all cases police say the suspects attire was similar: bandanas, winter North Face Jackets and hoodies.
Only one thing will make Nicholls feel more secure.
"Matching those fingerprints up with the ones they arrested," she said.
Both Nunez and Hargrove are being held on $100,000 bail for reckless driving and weapons charges.
At this time police aren't saying if Nunez and Hargrove are part of the crime spree.
A Saylorsburg man will be charged, after police say they caught him driving under the influence with his child in the carRead More »
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill