The dreary weather may be to blame for the lower-than-normal turnout at Beltzville State Park.
Usually the park reaches capacity on the Fourth, with cars lining the entrance, sometimes waiting hours to get in.
Friday morning, though, that was not the case.
Earlier this week the lake was closed to swimmers due to high bacteria levels in the water but it was reopened Friday morning.
It was second time the lake was closed to swimmers so far this season.
A judge has rejected a request for an emergency competency hearing after a survivalist convicted of ambushing two Pennsylvania State Police troopers refused to communicate with his lawyers.Read More »
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Pa. awarded $26.5 million to fight heroin, opioid crisis
- Updated Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Updated Health Beat: Food safety on the go
- Updated Wolf, treasurer push pension agencies to cut investment fees
- Updated Bethlehem police charge second man in brutal 2016 beating
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Tickets on sale for 4th of July fireworks show at Coca-Cola Park