MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County public official who's facing federal charges is now facing additional state charges.
Prosecutors have charged Robert Spano on 33 counts, including lying to officials, lying on financial forms and records tampering.
Spano is a Middle Smithfield Township supervisor.
Federal prosecutors charged Spano last week with lying on health insurance forms.
They say he racked up thousands of dollars in illegal expenses for his mistress.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Work to repair extensive storm damage in Berks continues
- Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Updated Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Police allegedly find illegal guns after complaint about loose dog
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Gov. Christie set to unveil his final New Jersey budget