MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County public official who's facing federal charges is now facing additional state charges.
Prosecutors have charged Robert Spano on 33 counts, including lying to officials, lying on financial forms and records tampering.
Spano is a Middle Smithfield Township supervisor.
Federal prosecutors charged Spano last week with lying on health insurance forms.
They say he racked up thousands of dollars in illegal expenses for his mistress.
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Updated Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown