TUNKHANNOCK TWP., Pa. - The Pennsylvania State Police are implementing special traffic patterns to help motorists heading to the Pocono IndyCar 500 this weekend.
The race will be held on Sunday, July 6th at the Pocono Raceway in Tunkhannock Township, Monroe County.
The following traffic patterns will be in effect:
- Starting at 8:00 a.m., Route 115 from Interstate 80 to the raceway will be converted to two lanes and will be one-way southbound. The conversion will remain in place until all traffic has entered the track grounds.
- After the race, Route 115 from the raceway to I-80 will be converted to two lanes and will be one-way northbound, until the raceway parking lots are clear.
- Stoney Hollow Road has been designated a no-parking and tow-away zone from Long Pond Road to the I-80 overpass. Any vehicle in violation will be removed at the owner's expense.
- Following the race, the I-80 eastbound off-ramp at the Blakeslee exit will be closed to traffic.
- Traffic coming south to the race in the two lanes of Route 115 will be required to enter specific parking areas. Likewise, traffic from the north will also face lane restrictions for I-80 and Route 115 access. Signs will be posted to direct traffic.
Motorists should expect higher than normal traffic volume for the holiday weekend. Those who normally use Route 115 to travel through the area should consider alternate routes.
Allentown, PA 18102