READING, Pa. - An aggressive enforcement campaign carried out by state police over the Easter weekend resulted in troopers citing dozens of motorists.
State police, who announced their stepped-up efforts last week, unveiled results of their enforcement activities in Schuylkill County on Monday.
Troopers based in Frackville and Schuylkill Haven arrested three people for driving under the influence and cited 54 drivers for speeding.
State police said they also investigated seven accidents over the weekend, one of which was alcohol-related. One person was injured.
State police also issued four seat belt warnings, seven seat belt citations and one child passenger seat citation.
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Updated One Freddy winner's emotional day
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure