READING, Pa. - An aggressive enforcement campaign carried out by state police over the Easter weekend resulted in troopers citing dozens of motorists.
State police, who announced their stepped-up efforts last week, unveiled results of their enforcement activities in Schuylkill County on Monday.
Troopers based in Frackville and Schuylkill Haven arrested three people for driving under the influence and cited 54 drivers for speeding.
State police said they also investigated seven accidents over the weekend, one of which was alcohol-related. One person was injured.
State police also issued four seat belt warnings, seven seat belt citations and one child passenger seat citation.
The trial of Phil Leone, the ex-Bangor councilman accused of sexual abuse of children, has begun according to a Northampton County court administrator.Read More »
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- New Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store