WEST BRUNSWICK TWP., Pa. - State police are investigating the death of a 92-year-old man who died following an altercation inside an assisted living facility.
The incident took place Monday at the Pinebrook Personal Care and Retirement Center near Orwigsburg, Schuylkill Co, state police said Thursday.
Fred John Govern suffered minor head and facial pain and abrasions to both arms in an altercation with another resident inside the facility, police said.
Govern was subsequently transported to the Schuylkill Medical Center in Pottsville for treatment, but police said he suffered cardiac arrest and died before his release.
An autopsy on Govern has been completed, but officials have not released the results. In the meantime, the investigation continues.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Fishing event makes dreams come true