RYAN TWP., Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the knife-point robbery of a Schuylkill County gas station.
Police said the robbery occurred Wednesday night at the Brown Bag gas station, 832 Barnesville Dr. in Ryan Township. Authorities said the robber walked in the front door about 6:30 p.m. holding a large kitchen knife and demanded that the clerk open the cash register.
The perpetrator removed the drawer that contained about $200 and ran out of the store toward the back of the building, according to a news release from police.
The robber is described as a white male standing 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with an average build. He was wearing a gray-striped hood over a maroon hood with a black ski mask, dark athletic pants and white sneakers.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Pennsylvania State Police Frackville barracks at 570-874-5300.
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- Poconos sees uptick in tourism after previous decline
- Lehigh Valley native among those killed in Florida school shooting
- Victim of Florida school shooting has ties to local area
- Police chase leads to crash between Palo Alto officer, state trooper
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- PA Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Police: Dieruff student said he was going to kill everyone at school
- Black Panther premiere party a hit in Allentown
- Arson suspected in fire at Ashley Furniture; $1.5M damage
- Deadline looms: Pa. court has until Monday to pick new map
- Spin and win deals at eateries with new app
- Pedestrian struck by car on Route 61 in Leesport
- Amity homeowners on alert after string of burglaries
- Local residents make a difference in Sierra Leone