MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police are investigating a wreck that killed a 57-year-old man Thursday in Monroe County.
The two-vehicle crash happened shortly before 3:30 p.m. Thursday on Milford Road near Sand Hill Road in Middle Smithfield Township.
State police said the 57-year-old driver of one of the vehicles was taken to Lehigh Valley Pocono Hospital, where he died from his injuries. The Monroe County Coroner's Office identified the man as Leonard Wolf. He was pronounced dead at 4:35 p.m.
Police said Wolf's passenger, a 48-year-old woman, was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
State police said the 37-year-old driver of the other vehicle and his 33-year-old, 4-year-old and 9-year-old passengers were also taken to Lehigh Valley Pocono for treatment.
State police performed a four-hour accident reconstruction Thursday night.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact the Pennsylvania State Police Stroudsburg barracks at 570-839-7701.
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Eagles rout Vikings, advance to Super Bowl LII
- Sinkhole opens under home in North Catasauqua, forcing demolition
- Tilghman Street Bridge rehabilitation to begin next week
- Firefighters quickly extinguish Pottstown apartment fire
- Fire causes heavy damage to Longswamp Twp. home
- Hope Outlet holds grand opening
- PennEast Pipeline approved, but some say battle is not over
- Women's marches, rallies held across nation Saturday
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem