Pennsylvania State Police are searching for a woman who reportedly threw a dog out of a SUV and beat the animal with a stick.
State troopers said it happened on August 3 in the area of Craig Meadows Road at approximately 5 p.m in Smithfield Township, Monroe County.
A witness told police a yellow Ford Escape pulled on the side of the road and a woman with reddish brown hair threw the dog out of the vehicle.
The witness explained the woman kicked and struck the dog with a stick and threw the dog back in the vehicle.
The driver took off in an unknown direction.
If anyone knows any information about this incident contact the Pennsylvania State Police in Swiftwater.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- 3 white men, 2 white woman seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Penn State trustees to weigh changes to Greek system
- District attorney investigates deadly police-involved shooting in Allentown