EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Three people have been identified, arrested and charged in an attack that injured an East Stroudsburg University student, the school announced.
Shavelle Leroy Mills, Dyshawn Tyrone Mack, and Tyrone Richard Wilkins are facing charges of aggravated assault and criminal conspiracy in relation to the stabbing of a 19-year-old ESU student.
The incident occurred Jan. 31 when Shaquwan Davis-Boone was walking home from the gym. He told investigators several people came up to him and they got into a physical altercation. He suffered two stab wounds and was transported to the hospital.
Officials say Davis-Boone told police he was approached by a group of males and females in front of Shawnee Hall dormitory, who asked him if he knew a group of people and stated an unknown male's name. He says the males were wearing all black attire, recalling some wearing red as well.
He told officials after he and the group engaged is brief conversation, one of the males began to engage in a physical altercation. He attempted to defend himself and then break free, but said bottles of alcohol were thrown at him. Police say broken bottles of Hennessey were recovered from the scene.
Davis-Boone says he was caught by the group a second time and that's when he felt pressure in two locations, realizing he'd been stabbed in the left side of his back and in his front right side of his torso.
He told police he was able to break free a second time, ran to the student union and notified staff he'd been stabbed.
Police say through investigation, it was determined many of those in the group who attacked Davis-Boone are believed to be affiliated with the street gang known as the Black P Stones.
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- Air pistol, pocket knife found on Pottsville Area HS student
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Updated Pawlowski's attorney files motion for acquittal
- Teen to spend at least 6 years in prison for fatal 2017 Easton wreck
- Wrong-way driving precedes crash on Route 61 in Berks
- Updated Students encouraged by National School Walkout Day
- Updated Cosby's attorneys attempt to raise doubt about timeframe of assault
- Updated Local jazz band keeps spirits alive in Allentown
- Updated Muhlenberg College kicks off Earth Day with festival
- Updated Police investigate body found in Monroe County
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Local 5th graders deliver food to those in need