STROUD TWP., Pa. - Stroud Area Regional Police are blocking off a long stretch of Glenbrook Road as officers and members of the Pennsylvania State Police Emergency Response team work a standoff situation.
"It's unsettling for other neighbors, particularly the elderly or what have you when they see that, it's frightening," said June Smith.
Smith lives a few houses down. She says she saw police on her street around 11:30 a.m. and she quickly learned why.
"There's a gentleman that lives on our street unfortunately, as I understand it, he was being evicted and there was a standoff where he was refusing to leave and making terroristic threats," she said.
Smith says the man lived in the home by himself and is in his 60s.
Throughout the afternoon loud pops and booms echoed in the area. Police also are using a megaphone to communicate with the man inside the home.
"This is a very quiet neighborhood generally, not used to this much activity," Smith said.
It's unclear at this point if the man inside the house is armed.
69 News is still waiting on more information from police and we'll pass those updates along once we learn more.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Man arrested for robbing Allentown Domino's at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting