STROUDSBURG BOROUGH, Pa. - A community task force in the Poconos is keeping a close eye on PennDOT's plans to overhaul I-80.
PennDOT plans call for 3.5 miles of the highway to be reconstructed, widened, and reconfigured in the Stroudsburg area.
PennDOT says the highway's design dates back to the 60s and it cannot handle the current amount of traffic.
During a meeting Tuesday night members of the I-80 Expansion Task Force acknowledged improvements are needed but they say they hope PennDOT will work with them to minimize certain impacts.
Stroudsburg Council members are concerned about the dozens of businesses and homes the state would need to buy out in the project area.
Task force members say a key meeting is coming up on December 5, when PennDOT will hold the third round of open houses on the project.
It will take place from 5 to 7 p.m. at Stroudsburg High School.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Colebrookdale reveals reason for firing its police chief
- Students get first-hand accounts of the horrors of heroin
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- Bangor and Pen Argyl football alumni face off again for charity
- Off the Gridiron - You're never too young for football in Whitehall
- PHOTOS: Fire aftermath at assisted living center
- Over $100,000 in 'safe school grants' awarded to local districts