The Stroudsburg Area School District is weighing options to better use space and money.
In a meeting Wednesday night, Superintendent John Toleno presented scenarios to the school board including closing a few elementary schools.
Toleno says there are more than a dozen open rooms in the middle school that houses fifth through seventh grade. Fourth grade could be moved into the building.
He says once plans are narrowed down he can work on cost saving and redistricting.
The next meeting is January 23.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for a gunman who targeted Pennsylvania state troopers at their barracks, killing one and leaving a second with devastating injuries.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request