STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Stroudsburg Mayor Tarah Probst announced she will run for Pennsylvania Senate in 2018.
Probst announced last week her bid for the 40th District, which includes Monroe and Northampton counties.
She was elected as the borough's first female mayor two years ago, and was recently re-elected to another four-year term.
"I have worked diligently to bring many positive changes to our town and to our region, and I have decided to run for higher office in order to do more for the citizens of our region," Probst said in a press release.
The seat is currently held by Pennsylvania Sen. Mario Scavello.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (3 p.m.)
- 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County ( 3 p.m.)
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (3 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (3 p.m.)
- WATCH: Jeff Bolden's afternoon traffic update (3:30 p.m.)
- 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (3 p.m.)
- Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead