STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A 29-year-old woman was arrested on charges of prostitution in Monroe County.
Tiffani Worthen of Stroudsburg was first discovered when Detective Kim Lippincott and Detective Mario Orlando of the Monroe County District Attorney's Office responded to an advertisement on Backpage.com.
The ad was for an "Autumn Star" and said she was "the perfect package with a pretty face, curvy body and sweet personality; playful, flirtatious, catering to gentlemen only." A phone number was listed.
Detective Orlando arranged to meet the actor on two occasions.
During the first meet on Oct. 5, Worthen said it would cost $200 for sexual acts. At the second meet Oct. 23, she said it would cost $300 for more sexual acts.
Once the detective met the female outside of her residence Oct. 5, she was taken into custody and identified as Tiffani Worthen.
Post miranda, Worthen said she posted her advertisement to engage in prostitution. She provided the detectives with her cell phone number, which matched the number in the ad.
On Oct. 23, both Lippincott and Orlando went to the address on Dreher Avenue in Stroudsburg to meet Worthen, who believed she was meeting a subject to engage in sexual acts.
As Worthen came toward the detectives' car, she was apprehended.
Worthen stated she was trying to make money for rent and arranged for $300 for sex from a man who she thought was named John, who turned out to be an officer.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election
- Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group