STROUDSBURG, Pa. - State police say they've arrested a Stroudsburg woman who hit and killed a man with her car while driving under the influence in Monroe County.
Denise Harraman, 55, is facing charges of homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, accidents involving death or personal injury, involuntary manslaughter and related charges.
The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 611 near the intersection of Kirk Lane. Officials say Harraman struck and killed James Perrotte, 26, of Stroudsburg.
Harraman then fled the scene, but officials were able to locate her a short time later and take her into custody.
The Stroud Area Regional Police Department said in a Facebook post Friday morning it is asking for the public's help in obtaining information about the fatal crash that occurred on Sept. 16 at approximately 9:30 p.m.Read More »
- Shawn Christy's mother speaks out on son's capture
- Boyfriend facing homicide charge in connection with fatal pedestrian crash
- East Stroudsburg man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Route 611 in Mount Pocono
- Two men arrested before drug sale in East Stroudsburg
- Berks-based uniform company to close plant near Frackville
- Hunterdon County Prosecutor: Man, woman killed in murder-suicide
- Lehigh Valley ride honors police officers killed in line of duty
- Hundreds light up the night at the annual Leukemia and Lymphoma Society walk
- Police arrest man who allegedly robbed Hellertown BB&T Bank
- Special Olympics football, cheerleading clinic creates bonds
- Police asking for public's help in investigation into fatal Stroud Township crash
- Woman injured in Allentown shooting
- Man with arrest warrant for alleged sexual assault of minors seen in Solebury Township
- Parts of Reading under boil water advisory
- Hackettstown authorities rescue hunter who fell into sewer drain