A school superintendent in the Poconos is facing termination because of his contract, but both sides disagree on a lot of things.
Doctor John Toleno could lose his job as superintendent of Stroudsburg Area School District.
The issue stems from a contract that was signed back in 2007.
A solicitor was hired by the school board to review the contract and a later extension.
The solicitor found those to be illegal.
"There have been a series of, in my opinion, serious mistakes relating to Dr. Toleno's appointment," said Jeffrey Sultanik, the Stroudsburg Area School District solicitor.
"Which the board approved that, attorneys approved that, the state approved that. And if we did something wrong...well then somebody should have told us back then," said John Jakobsen, a Stroudsburg Area School Board member.
Jakobsen tells 69 News that other members of the board are just trying to get rid of Toleno.
The solicitor tells us the illegality has to do with confusion between the superintendent's contractual rights and his commissioning rights and also tells us it's quote "convoluted."
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump