PORT CARBON, Pa. - State police said two people were shot in Schuylkill County during a fight last Friday night, and the suspect is now facing an attempted murder charge.
It happened in the 100 block of Spruce Street in Port Carbon around 6:15 p.m.
Police said Kenneth Boyer and Alex Rosario, both of Port Carbon, started fighting when Boyer pulled a gun. Officials said the two knew each other.
Police said Boyer shot the gun, and hit both Rosario and himself.
Authorities said Boyer was taken to the hospital with a non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Rosario was flown to the hospital with a gunshot wound and is in stable condition.
Boyer is charged with aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
State police are investigating the shooting.
A 34-year-old man was found in possession of approximately 180 bags of suspected heroin, 16 grams of cocaine and numerous keys for a local hotel, according to the Monroe County District Attorney's office.Read More »
- Street gang believed to be involved in ESU stabbing
- Safety bill requires metal detectors, armed guards in schools
- Fmr. Stroudsburg area coach sentenced for sexual abuse
- 3 arrested in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Allentown Council delays vote on Pawlowski picks, gets malware brief
- Two injured in Allentown hit and run
- LCCC closes all campuses due to security threat
- Bank robbed, pair of Wilson schools put on lockdown
- Local students rally for change after Florida school shooting
- Easton schools security paramount issue
- Phillipsburg municipal lot fees still unchanged
- Allentown residents enthusiastic about new school
- Bethlehem amending its zoning laws
- "Time to put up or shut up"