PORT CARBON, Pa. - State police said two people were shot in Schuylkill County during a fight last Friday night, and the suspect is now facing an attempted murder charge.
It happened in the 100 block of Spruce Street in Port Carbon around 6:15 p.m.
Police said Kenneth Boyer and Alex Rosario, both of Port Carbon, started fighting when Boyer pulled a gun. Officials said the two knew each other.
Police said Boyer shot the gun, and hit both Rosario and himself.
Authorities said Boyer was taken to the hospital with a non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Rosario was flown to the hospital with a gunshot wound and is in stable condition.
Boyer is charged with aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
State police are investigating the shooting.
The Poconos bring in 26 million tourists each year who spend more than $3 billion in the four-county area, but one county may be cut out of the Poconos marketing campaign if a deal isn't reached.Read More »
- Tower City man killed in one-vehicle wreck, police say
- State police searching for missing Luzerne County man
- Fire destroys home in Ross Township
- Yuengling Brewery donates $50K to support hurricane relief
- ESU and Milton Hershey School announce partnership
- Police: Man accidentally shoots self in leg outside Walmart
- Updated St. Luke's, Sacred Heart announce merger
- Updated Wolf says time running out on budget deal before downgrade
- Updated Flyers set to open hockey season at the PPL Center
- Updated Toys 'R' Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Police charge 25-year-old in playground fight with teen
- Life Lessons: Maximize efficiency, minimize exhaustion
- 10-year-old student looks to collect supplies to help Florida schools
- Bethlehem Twp. approves St. Luke's Anderson $100 million addition
- Emmaus Council passes laws aimed at resolving blight issues
- Rowing program opens up scholarship opportunities for Allentown students