PORT CARBON, Pa. - State police said two people were shot in Schuylkill County during a fight last Friday night, and the suspect is now facing an attempted murder charge.
It happened in the 100 block of Spruce Street in Port Carbon around 6:15 p.m.
Police said Kenneth Boyer and Alex Rosario, both of Port Carbon, started fighting when Boyer pulled a gun. Officials said the two knew each other.
Police said Boyer shot the gun, and hit both Rosario and himself.
Authorities said Boyer was taken to the hospital with a non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Rosario was flown to the hospital with a gunshot wound and is in stable condition.
Boyer is charged with aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
State police are investigating the shooting.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Rockefeller appeals denial to rezone East Allen Twp. land
- Updated 10 new murals dedicated in West Reading
- Updated Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- Updated Judge, jury question state police policy
- Updated Fire in Tilden: 'I don't know how long he would have lasted'
- Updated Fire at Chester County senior facility sparks investigation
- Updated Salvation Army's Red kettle campaign underway in Berks
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester