The Schuylkill County police chief who created a national stir on the internet is taking his fight to save his job to court.
Suspended Gilberton Chief Mark Kessler is seeking an injunction to stop the borough from holding his termination hearing in Lackawanna County later this month.
Kessler received national attention after posting profanity-laced gun-rights videos on YouTube.
Kessler wants his termination hearing in Schuylkill County. He said the additional travel time will make it harder for him to get witnesses to testify on his behalf.
His first termination hearing in October ended abruptly when someone dropped a gun on the floor.
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Updated Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Sunrise Chef: 19 Bella
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects