ORWIGSBURG, Pa. - A Schuylkill County teacher accused of sexually assaulting a student during class is heading to trial.
A preliminary hearing for Lisa Barnes was held Monday.
Police say she inappropriately touched a 13-year-old boy at Blue Mountain Middle School in Orwigsburg.
This allegedly happened back in March and is still under investigation.
The school tells us Barnes has been placed on leave while authorities investigate.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for Eric Frein Wednesday night.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Closing arguments end in penalty phase of police ambush killer
- Updated 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- New Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Updated Health Beat: The smoking and health connection
- Updated Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Updated Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Macungie woman charged for welfare fraud