COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - Police in Monroe County are investigating after a 17-year-old was hit and killed by a car Monday night.
It happened on Route 196 near Woodside Drive around 8:30 p.m., according to police.
Officials said the teen had just gotten off of a Pocono Pony bus and was crossing Route 196 when he was hit.
The Tobyhanna teen was flown to Geisinger Community Medical Center where he died from his injuries.
The road was closed for about five hours overnight while Pocono Mountain Regional Police investigated the crash.
No charges have been filed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should contact police at 570-895-2400.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- Periods of rain tonight and becoming increasingly windy
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Updated Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson