MAHONING TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A food thief who had a hankering for chicken breast and shrimp is being sought by Mahoning Township police.
At 8:50 p.m. Friday, a retail theft was reported at the Giant Food Store on Route 443 in the Carbon County township.
A loss prevention employee attempted to stop a male suspect from stealing a split chicken breast and a package of shrimp valued at $39. The suspect assaulted the loss prevention worker. The male was last observed running into the woods east of the Arby's restaurant.
Anyone who is able to identify the individual is a asked to contact township police at 570-386-2241.
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle