MAHONING TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A food thief who had a hankering for chicken breast and shrimp is being sought by Mahoning Township police.
At 8:50 p.m. Friday, a retail theft was reported at the Giant Food Store on Route 443 in the Carbon County township.
A loss prevention employee attempted to stop a male suspect from stealing a split chicken breast and a package of shrimp valued at $39. The suspect assaulted the loss prevention worker. The male was last observed running into the woods east of the Arby's restaurant.
Anyone who is able to identify the individual is a asked to contact township police at 570-386-2241.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Updated Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA