LAFLIN, Pa. - A fire in Luzerne County that officials say was intentionally set has claimed the life of a third boy, police said.
The fire broke out at a home in Oakwood Drive in Laflin Wednesday evening.
Erik Dupree, 16, and Devon Major, 12, were pronounced dead at the scene. The coroner said they died of smoke inhalation.
State police said Ezekiel Major, 8, was also found in the home and taken to the hospital for treatment. Police said he died from his injuries Saturday.
Police said they've identified a person of interest in connection to the fire. That person is already in custody in Luzerne County jail on unrelated charges.
The state police Major Case team, fire marshal and the district attorney's office are investigating the fire.
Authorities said they believe there are no public safety concerns.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem