SCRANTON, Pa. - A federal grand jury has indicted three Monroe County men on drug trafficking and firearms charges.
Authorities say Deshaun Lipscomb, 24, of Bushkill, Pablo Martinez, 27, and Orrett Campbell, age 37, both of East Stroudsburg, conspired to sell marijuana and used weapons in the course of their conspiracy.
The charges are a result of a January 2016 drug deal that turned into a shooting, according to authorities.
The victim was shot twice and forced from a vehicle at a high speed.
The indictment also alleges that Lipscomb possessed a firearm while dealing heroin and cocaine, and that Martinez sold MDMA, commonly known as “Molly” or “ecstasy.”
If found guilty, the total maximum penalty under federal law is life imprisonment, a term of supervised release following imprisonment, and a fine.
Pocono Township Manager Donna Asure confirmed a conditional use application from Brookdale Enterprises was approved to use the Caesar's Brookdale Resort as a drug and alcohol treatment center.Read More »
- Pennsylvania man sentenced for gun trafficking in New Jersey
- One Tank Trip: Dingmans Falls
- Motorcyclist allegedly flees from police, crashes into van
- Shooting in Port Carbon leaves two wounded
- Man allegedly threatens to burn down house with family inside
- Pocono Dome to become retreat for South Korean-based church
- Easton girl attacked by pit bull
- New Longtime produce stand to close up shop at Allentown Fairground Farmers Market
- An interview with Randy Peers, new CEO of Berks chamber
- Easton Police Department moving to old Express Times building
- Local ALS patient puts hope in new FDA-approved drug
- Man is shot 2 days in a row and survives; suspect sought
- New Pottstown makes a stand against racism
- Arts Around Town: Cultural exchange of artists at Studio B's 'Asia Pacific' exhibition
- Residents and council doubt this year's opening of Allentown's Cedar Beach Pool
- Lehigh Valley businesses react to NAFTA renegotiations